Sunday 2 October 2011

not all love stories have to end

due to work and tonight being my niece's birthday, i'm not sure if i'm going to have any photos up, mainly because my sister's isn't too fond about having her children's face online so i can't post them. however, i will say that i gave my sister the make up i bought for her today and the foundation (which i purchased as well) is absolutely divine and i'll be trying to take a photo and have a little giggle about them tomorrow.
in addition, my occ lip tar collection have finally advanced to five little tubes and i'm going to be trying to review them soon, especially since i also have a cheap lip balm that's a perfect primer for all lip colours. everybody should be getting onto it, i'm disappointed i didn't find it sooner.
for now, though


i just thought people might appreciate such a sweet photo of one of my favourite movies, The Notebook. i'm a huge fan of nicholas sparks as a writer and i get so excited every time his books are turned to film, mainly because they have never failed to make me cry. i know a lot of serious readers think his stories are formulaic and cliched (and there are certain rumours going around that sparks is a crabby little hermit too) but, the way i see it, he's onto a good thing.

"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."





plus, am I wrong to say she had some of the most perfect vintage (for us anyway, not for the actual time period of the story) outfits? because i was lusting over them the entire movie.



6 comments:

  1. This movie is delicious to watch, because of the story and the visuals, like the clothes, nice post!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you post here. If you have some time i´d like you check out my blog and follow me if you really want to.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree! the costume designer was spot on !
    This is my favorite movie of all time. It makes me laugh, cry, think about life and past lovers.
    I've seen it well over 50 times and I can't stop watching it.
    THE BEST ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed! and as a writer, i think nicholas sparks is always spot on. i'm working my way to owning and reading all of his books, but i'm only able to read them at home because i end up crying in public.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this movie so much, I think I was crying the entire time!
    And YES, the outfits were amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete