Friday 30 September 2011

all around me are familiar faces

went out onto the streets today on my way home after class and spotted quite a few amazingly stylish people, so i thought i'd start doing what i've wanted to do since i first started stylehopeful. basically, i'm a street stalker now and i am loving meeting new people, checking out their clothes, finding out more about them and taking photos so more people can see it.


this lovely lady i found near my uni, probably on her lunch break from work. i absolutely loved the subtle waves in her hair, the brilliant red lipstick and (what caught my eye immediately) her gorgeous fur jacket, which is cream coloured in real life. 


this girl is actually on both tumblr and blogspot too. i loved her eye-catching red jacket (i have one in my own wardrobe but am still too nervous to bring it out. maybe i should soon) and the gorgeous, almost vintage-inspired leopard print bag!


this girl, i practically ran after when i got off my train. her outfit was absolutely stunning and i knew that, had i missed the chance to photograph her, i would have been hitting myself on the head all day for not bolting faster. i loved her distressed/ripped jeans and those boots (that look so similar to mine) are so sweet. the leather jacket was a good touch and the shoulder cut out sweater under the cute peter pan collared shirt was perfect.

i also met two 80s rockstar looking guys today, but i did promise not to post their photo until i received detail on their band (so i can link people to that too) so you're all going to have to hold off for a little bit. can't wait to find and photograph more of you stunners!

5 comments:

  1. Love this post! & Love that you're taking photos of people on the street. It's also been my goal & I'm going to start soon, but am wondering if you have any tips.. Do you ask to take their photo?
    Thanks, momma!
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thank you and you're welcome. I might write a post later in regards to street photography etiquette but I really just started today and don't feel like I have the right to write that yet. I do ask people first (that's especially important for shops) and keep in mind that you want to not only get a good photo of the clothing but them as well. Talk to them while you're photographing them as it makes them more comfortable and ask if they want the site URL afterwards. Also be aware that some people won't want their photo taken and if they decline just say thank you and move on - don't push it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following. love your blog as well and followed you via google.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I really do love that last outfit as well. Good catch! I often wonder how I'd do a street style post and how I'd ask people to pose for a shot and tell them that it will end up in cyberland- and hopefully they'd be okay with that. Love this post! =) Jessica

    http://thirtyandgirly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! And most people are pretty happy and flattered to be approached :)

    ReplyDelete